PDA

View Full Version : Battery

Desmund Nichols
02-23-2008, 02:51 PM
How often should the batteries be changed?

IanMcElroy
02-23-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm plugged in about three hours a day and my batteries last about Six months.

If you're really worried about it, I used to be, I would change them before every gig. That will cost you a lot of money depending on how much you play and practice. I stopped caring because of the active/passive push/pull volume pot. I've never had to use it but it's a great feature.

Ken Smith
02-23-2008, 05:12 PM
UN-Plug the Bass when not playeing it. This includes breaks to. As soon as you plug the Cable into the Bass, you are draining the battery. Experience has also shown us that the tips/plugs used on the Monster Cables kill the side mounted Jacks we use.

Desmund Nichols
03-01-2008, 01:04 AM
UN-Plug the Bass when not playeing it. This includes breaks to. As soon as you plug the Cable into the Bass, you are draining the battery. Experience has also shown us that the tips/plugs used on the Monster Cables kill the side mounted Jacks we use.

When you say "kill the side mounted Jacks we use" do you mean damage?

Tim Bishop
03-01-2008, 02:16 AM
When you say "kill the side mounted Jacks we use" do you mean damage?

Yes. Ken has mentioned this a few times on the Forum. I've personally not experienced this with Monster Cables, however, I have noticed they do fit a bit tighter in the Jack. But then, I am very careful with my gear and I am very careful when inserting and removing any plug from the Jack.

George L's seem to be the preferred alternative. One of these days before I get too old :eek: to play, I would like to give GL's a try. :)

Also, if you are using a straight 1/4 plug you increase the risk of that 1/4 plug taking a hit which in turn can damage a Jack. :eek: Make sense? In this case it would be better to use an angled 1/4 plug to mitigate and/or remove that risk. ;)

Desmund Nichols
03-01-2008, 03:34 PM
If monster cables damage the bass, which cables are best to use?