PDA

View Full Version : A little help please

Björn Wictor
09-12-2008, 04:33 AM
Hi all,

I'm new here so please bear with me if I'm not posting in the right place...

I might have the chance to obtain this 5-string (serial # 83990). How do I read the serialnumber? Was the bass made in 1983?

I would really appreciate some more info on this particular model (electronics etc.)

Thanks a million in advance!

//Bjorn Wictor, Sweden

Ken Smith
09-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Hi all,

I'm new here so please bear with me if I'm not posting in the right place...

I might have the chance to obtain this 5-string (serial # 83990). How do I read the serialnumber? Was the bass made in 1983?

I would really appreciate some more info on this particular model (electronics etc.)

Thanks a million in advance!

//Bjorn Wictor, Sweden

No, it was made in 1990, #839 in total. Take off the Back Plate and look at the Label stuck to the inside of the Back Plate. It will have a Quality Control Label with the completion date written there, this serial number and my signature.

Björn Wictor
09-13-2008, 09:14 AM
Thanks a lot Ken!

Björn Wictor
12-12-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm writing this in a state of sheer extasy! Today I finally got my 1990 BT 5-custom.

I just can't get it through my head how good this instrument is! I've been a bass player for over 30 years and I can't help wondering why on earth I haven't got me one earlier... This honestly out-shines every single other bass I've ever played, and I've had many good ones over the years.

Ken, you deserve the Nobel prize for your craftmanship!

I'll post some nice pictures of my bass later.

Bob Faulkner
12-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Welcome to the family, and enjoy!