PDA

View Full Version : Hello from The Netherlands

Peter van den Enden
10-15-2008, 03:52 AM
Hi to y'all,

I'm Peter, 39 years young and since this weekend the proudfull owner of 6 string Ken Smith bass. Never sell it..... Stays with me period. It's the best playable and sounding bass ever....

First time I saw a KS it was in a music dvd with Al Turner playing his black tiger. After that I heard Melvin Jones and I was sold to that sound, but never had the possibility to play one here in The Netherlands. Small country and not many Smiths here. Untill two weeks ago. I found a used one in perfect health. Traded in my 5 string MIA Fender Jazz. Still have a Stingray5, but I'm afraid it keeps hanging on the wall. Maybe for some slapping.

Ken Smith: Thanks for creating such a beautiful instrument. I'm saving up now for a 5 string tiger now... Gonna take awhile, but it will happen.

Peter

Bram Schoonderbeek
10-16-2008, 02:03 AM
Hi Peter,

Am I taking a right guess you bought this piece at Bass Connection in Hilversum? If so thats the most beautiful BSR6M all wallnut that I have seen. In November I'll get my own Smith...:D so I have a proper reason of being a member of this forum:rolleyes:

Best Regards,

Bram

Peter van den Enden
10-16-2008, 03:18 AM
Yep, that's the one. A real beauty. It's from '99, but looks like brand new.
Only the strings are dead. I just ordered some new Taper cores.

I was always a sucker for Smith basses, but was in doubt to buy a six or five stringer. After testdriving the six string I was sold. It's a very easy bass to play, in fact I think the most easy one.

Only had to adjust for one hour to get used to the extra string....

Let me know when you have your Smith bass.... Is it a six, five or four stringer ??? Bolt-on, neck-thru ??

Peter

Bram Schoonderbeek
10-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Well Peter is prolly gonna be a necktru bass and one thing is for sure its gonna be 6 strings... one other criterium there must be mahogany wood somewhere incorporated in it, all the Smith's I dig have mahogany core's or laminates, gives that warm 'n dark kind of flavour wich even gets the highest notes the push they need and somehow I find those have the most even sound from B to C, but thats just the impression I got so far.
:rolleyes:
Grats on your purchase, I have played on that same bass tho 2 months back tho and I really did like it:)