PDA

View Full Version : Gastonia, North Carolina

Oren Hudson
12-14-2008, 06:23 PM
New forum guy here. I'm in Gastonia, North Carolina and been playin' bass since the age of 12. My 57th BD is next week - so if you do the math - I've been thumpin' them big strings for 45 years. I have tons of equipment that I've acquired over the years with a good bit of it being of the "vintage" status. I'm a Paralegal by profession and have been for 35 years. My nickname is Big "O." If you're ever in my neighborhood, let me know and we could have a visit.

Oren :D

Richard Prowse
12-14-2008, 09:39 PM
New forum guy here. I'm in Gastonia, North Carolina and been playin' bass since the age of 12. My 57th BD is next week - so if you do the math - I've been thumpin' them big strings for 45 years. I have tons of equipment that I've acquired over the years with a good bit of it being of the "vintage" status. I'm a Paralegal by profession and have been for 35 years. My nickname is Big "O." If you're ever in my neighborhood, let me know and we could have a visit.

Oren :D
Thanks for the invite Oren.
By the way, what do you guys eat for breakfast in North Carolina?

Oren Hudson
12-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Well Richard - on special days, it's the standard bacon, eggs and bisquit along with the special part - grits. YUM YUM. :p Makes me hungry just talkin' about it. BTW - where is Wainuiomata? :D

Richard Prowse
12-14-2008, 11:45 PM
BTW - where is Wainuiomata? :D
Wainuiomata is to the world 'down under' what Rome was to the Roman Empire. We have a saying,
"All roads lead to Wainuiomata."

Richard Prowse
12-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Happy birthday Oran.

Oren Hudson
12-24-2008, 10:33 AM
THANKS! And Merry Christmas! :D

Richard Prowse
12-25-2008, 05:44 PM
THANKS! And Merry Christmas! :D
THANKS! And Merry Christmas! :o
would have made more sense. I don't really trust the green guy's motives. Maybe it's because he looks too happy - his smile seems a bit forced. The little purple chap is more whimsical; perhaps more thoughtful. I think he's more trustworthy. Just a thought.

Oren Hudson
12-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Hey Richard - the green smile is what you get with the Southern breakfast that I told you about, particularly with the grits added. I think his motive in this situation is the same as every other Southerner in that given situation. Maybe if you have one of our southern breakfasts with grits someday, you and the green dude could become pals. Stranger things have happend. I kinda like the little green dude. He always says what he weans and means what he says. Not sure any others would work for me as well.:o

Richard Prowse
12-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Grits, what are they?

Richard Prowse
12-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Grits, what are they?
...a native American corn based food, common in the south?
The Beverley Hillbillies used to always talk about grits.

No wonder the guy is green! :D

But, isn't corn yellow? :)

Oren Hudson
12-27-2008, 04:24 PM
You are correct with your definition Richard. And yes, the Beverly Hillbillies often refferenced them along with hog jowells. Can't say I've ever had that part of the meal though. They sound horrible. But, as they say, one man's junk is another's treasure and to each his own. Well, I guess that's enough of the words of others. I'm guessin' that enough of the grits soaked with bacon grease would do the green job. Corn is often yellow, but when grits are magically made from it, they turn out white. Can't you just taste 'em now? Wow, I sure can.

See ya,
Oren :)