PDA

View Full Version : Hey how goes it?

Keir Riggs
02-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Hey everyone, my name is Keir , I've been playing bass over 25yrs. and have not grown tired. As of yet I mostly play gospel , I also play for a folk artist. I started playing at age 15 mostly self taught , but have alittle formal training also. I have several basses in my arsenal, but none compare to my Smith. I play a completely self customized Burner 6,I've done all the work myself and I'm proud considering I have no training in being a luthier. Maybe one day when the country gets out of this slump I can save and get a USA custom BT 6 , but for now I'm totally cool with my Burner. I am here to soak up as much info as I can, so feel free to share your wisdom. Thanks, Keir

Oren Hudson
02-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Keir. How is your first name pronounced? When answering, remember that some of us are Southerners and need lots of help with these things. Big question is, have you ever had grits? If you are native to LA, chances are slim. For an education on the matter, see some of the posts in the Bull Pit category. What's your second favorite bass after your Smith? Enjoy your stay. :) Oren, Nero, Big "O".

Richard Prowse
02-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Enjoy your stay. :) Oren, Nero, Big "O".
This sounds like some sort of code. Is there a face that could have expressed all this?
Maybe - :):p Lol! ;):D, though that's getting complicated!
Oh, and welcome Keir.

Oren Hudson
02-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Yes my friend Richard, it is indeed code. Problem is, if you've never had grits, you're doomed to forever being blind to it's meaning. I had intended on giving our new forumist, Keir, a warning about people like you, Anslem, Junior and me, but decided to let him fend for himself this time. :D;)Lol!:p:).

Keir Riggs
02-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Yes I am a native of L.A. and heck yeah I've had grits and luv 'em. My folks are from houston so I was pretty well exposed to righteous foods. To be honest I have a custom jazz bass 5er I built , but I'm looking at the new KSD 6 jazz. I'm still trying to get more info on it. I figure why not go SMITH all the way. Thanks for the welcome fellas:D Oh, my name is pronounced (like ear) Keir

David Alan McIntire II
02-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Well, since my name brought up, hello Keir, my name is David Alan McIntire II, AKA Junior, and I am not a huge fan of grits, though live in a town claimin to be the grits capital of the world, St. George, SC. We have a festival every year, and this year gonna try to get shirts for all. I'm also lookin into the KSD designed basses, always wanted a 6 string Jazz, so am also doin some research. Lemme know what you find. My town and surroundin area so small, no way I'll run into one at a store. Gotta live, and thus try gear, vicariously through others. Lots to do around this forum, have fun and welcome.