PDA

View Full Version : it has arrived !!!

Allan Todd
03-11-2009, 02:02 PM
After two weeks waiting my bt6 black tiger is here :D
I used it live for the first time last friday night & it caused quite a stir, i had musicians from another band that was watching us asking what's that bass you're using, i dont't think anyones ever seen a smith bass over here on the isle of wight in england,
Our sound engineer loved it & said it produces the best slap sound he has ever heard & i agree (how do you do it ken??

Please excuse the live shot, i don't think our camera could handle the lights.

Bob Faulkner
03-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Very nice!! You have an awesome instrument there my friend!

Allan Todd
03-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Cheers Bob, I've never known a bass to have such presence in the mix, i play in a funky rock band that are quite loud & this smith cuts through everything with such clarity it's scary, i never thought i would find a match for my warwick but this thing kicks major ass :D

Christopher Rhodes
03-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Welcome to club. It won't be long before you looking for another Ken Smith. It's just something about them.

I totally agree with your observations about cutting through the mix. Smith's seem to always cut though; the EQ points in the bass I believe.

I had owned my 6 string since 1993. I believe it sounds better today than when I purchased it - or maybe I am better player ;).

Updated the forum on your gigs with your new "wooden woman". Don't pull the G string... just snap it!

Allan Todd
03-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Thank you for the welcome Chris,
I would love another one but i think my girlfriend explode if another bass showed up here,

Nice playing on the youtube thing by the way, nice seven string too :)

Now i just need a good enough excuse to persuade my girlfriend that i need a seven string smith :D

Jason Mendelson
03-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Enjoy it! thing is beautiful!

Allan Todd
03-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Thank's Jason,
I am enoying it to the point that i cant put it down, this bass is addictive :D

Allan Todd
04-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Well, Ive done loads of gigs with this bass now & have had plenty of compliments on my sound, especialy the awsome slap sound this thing produces, it definately has a voice of it's own & i love it :D
Here are a couple of shots of it at last saturday's gig,

Bob Faulkner
04-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Very nice. Nothing else in the world like it, is there?

Allan Todd
04-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Very nice. Nothing else in the world like it, is there?

Cheers Bob, I think you're right these basses are very special,

ED LOZANO
04-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Have you ever played a bass that instills more confidence and pride. Just the sensation of pulling the bass out of the case makes my pulse increase. I find myself wanting to experiment and go places that I normally don't go, but I have to remind myself to play what I practice, because it cuts through the mix so well that my mistakes are easily detected. Don't laugh but I feel like a new father when I strap on my baby. So proud!

Tim Bishop
06-03-2009, 07:16 AM
I'm sure you're lovin it Allan. Black Tigers are at the top of my favorite Smith basses list. :)