Junior Posting Member
- About John Cubbage
- Musical Background
- Lots of folks call me "Dr. C." Retired, former bassist with North Carolina Symphony Orchestra (NCSO); Performed as soloist with NCSO in works by Mozart, Dittersdorf, and Respighi. Former faculty bassist / instructor at Eastern Music Festival. Performed in recital in NY, NJ, PA, MA, & NC. Studied at Music Academy of the West, N.C. School of the Arts (BM), Juilliard (MM), with Edward Jones, Peter Mercurio, H. Stevens Brewster, Jr., & David Walter.
Earned Doctorate at NC State Univ. Dissertation at: http://repository.lib.ncsu.edu/ir/bitstream/1840.16/4586/1/etd.pdf
- North Carolina
- Additional Information
- Interest in fine contrabasses. I am thankful to read the Holy Bible every day.
- Your Gear
- Sold my Contrabasses. If I get another bass, I think I'll make it.
I still have my 1959 Magnatone bass guitar (one owner).
- Why you joined Ken's Corner
- Enjoyed reading about David Walter's Bernardel bass on this site.