Anton Johannes Hejl
Junior Posting Member
- About Anton Johannes Hejl
- Musical Background
- Touring with Sorten Muld 1996-2000 was an opportunity to play for big audiences in Denmark as well as abroad. Coming from a jazz/blues/folk background my musical horizon was broadened considerably during the 90's - being part of Electronica, Hip-hop and World Music acts in Denmark and Sweden.
2001 and forward I have enjoyed taking part in singer-songwriter/experimental/rock projects: Klondyke, Nive Nielsen, Desoto Caucus, Western Stars, Antophones, John Tchicai, Thunderbear etc. as well as working on theater productions as a musician playing a variety of instruments but mainly Double-Bass.
Through my company ONE MIC I have produced music projects with artists Knud Odde, John Tchicai, Peter Laugesen, Claus Carlsen and several jazz groups.
Specialties:A strong acoustic tone on Double-Bass (pizz + arco) through big PA-systems and for recording. For Air-travel I pack my Ampeg Baby-Bass with detachable neck in a golfing flight-case.
- Additional Information
- My main instrument is the Double-bass stringed with gut and steel for an earthy and growling voice. I enjoy exploring the instruments sonic possibilities - pizz/arco/slap - from dark and soft to scratchy and distorted.
- Your Gear
- 1900 Markneukirchen 4/4 roundback + Schertler Stat-B.
- (Very rare) 60s Wandré Naika travel bass + Wilson.
I also own a collection of odd and rare vintage electric basses - Ampeg Baby-Bass, Hofner, Eko, 8-string, Fender/Mörch 5-string, Rickenbacker, Vox and Gibson.
Various amps by: Acoustic Image, Phil Jones Bass, Fender, Polytone, EBS + custom tube pre-amp.
- Why you joined Ken's Corner
- Looking for help identifying my Double-Bass + learning from and sharing experience with others.