Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) (http://www.smithbassforums.com//index.php)
-   New Forum Member Introductions (http://www.smithbassforums.com//forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Hello from Nashville (http://www.smithbassforums.com//showthread.php?t=963)

Dave Martin 02-27-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Prowse (Post 11238)
Dave, I think the 'rich' bit was the important bit in Joel's statement.

No doubt. :)

Joel Larsson 02-28-2009 04:35 AM

Not necessarily! How about marrying an excessively rich, but inconsiderate and egoistic woman, who guards her treasure like a dragon? I'd take a poor but understanding and supportive woman any day.

NP: Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop

Richard Prowse 02-28-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel Larsson (Post 11247)
Not necessarily! How about marrying an excessively rich, but inconsiderate and egoistic woman, who guards her treasure like a dragon? I'd take a poor but understanding and supportive woman any day.

Joel, sometimes you are a challenge!

Richard Prowse 02-28-2009 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Prowse (Post 11249)
Joel, sometimes you are a challenge!

Wait until Oran gets back!

Oren Hudson 03-01-2009 03:32 PM

Can I not be gone for a couple of days and you guys not behave?:mad: Between this and the Pit Bull sniping, I shutter to think about what's gonna happen with ya'll in June while I'm vacationing at the beach for over 10 days. :confused: Well, it's like that saying - "A woman is like a fine whine. Either she or you will always whine, whine, whine about something. How about some cheese to go with it? :D

Richard Prowse 03-01-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oren Hudson (Post 11287)
Can I not be gone for a couple of days and you guys not behave?:mad: Between this and the Pit Bull sniping, I shutter to think about what's gonna happen with ya'll in June while I'm vacationing at the beach for over 10 days.

Anselm started it! He said he didn't like Cat Stevens. And then he called me Prowsey. Then he said that all bass players are deaf!

Oren Hudson 03-01-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Prowse (Post 11293)
Anselm started it! He said he didn't like Stevens cat. And then he called me Prissey. Then he said that all bass players are Def Leopard wannabes.

Maybe Anselm is a dog lover like me. I can't say that I'm particularly fond of cats myself. Is "Prissey" a term of endearment for you my friend Richard, or do you view it as derogatory? Again, not much of a fan of Def Leopard. Cool name though. Unfortunately, we started getting SNOW about 5:45PM today (Sunday) and it's now up to about 6 inches and a few more are expected. Pretty rare for us to get snow at all, but very, very rare to get this much. I just saw the week's forecast and the predicted high for Saturday is 68. Go figure! :)

Joel Larsson 03-02-2009 12:59 PM

Nobody blames me? You won't really let me get away with all the mischief I've been doing, will you?? :eek:

NP: Johnny Flynn - The Box

Oren Hudson 03-02-2009 04:52 PM

Of course not, you wild child. Richard's gonna woop you so bad, it's gonna leave a mark! :mad:

That reminds me of a childhood story that I laugh about every time that I think of it. My dad's dad left the family when dad was fairly young. My dad's brother is only about 4 or so years older than I am. All of the children had married and left home except for my uncle David. My grandmother couldn't control that wild child, so my dad told his mother to mark on a wall calender every day that uncle David badly misbehaved, and that on our weekly visit, dad would take the belt to him for every mark on the calender. I think that I've told you about all the woopins that I got as a hard headed wild child. So, I was delighted that someone else was gong to be the recipient of one or more of them. Next time we visited grandmother Hudson's house, I ran full steam to check on the calender to see if it had marks. My uncle David, probably 12 years old, saw us coming and took off running. I never did get to see him get the belt. I remind him of that from time to time. :)

Richard Prowse 03-02-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oren Hudson (Post 11303)
Of course not, you wild child. Richard's gonna woop you so bad, it's gonna leave a mark! :mad:

Oran, my hard headed friend, steady on - I'm really a non violent sort! I'm a man of peace (though, which piece I'm not sure). I'll talk to Joel; that's the best I can do.
Joel, stop being so damn stubborn. Try to see things from different angles. Try to bend like a tree in the wind. Do you get wind Up there (Norway)? I know you don't get night time. Maybe all you all need is a good sleep. I'm sure that sleep would mellow you out. Buy some really thick curtains.

Anselm Hauke 03-02-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Prowse (Post 11304)
Buy some really thick curtains.

that´s one of the most remarkable sentences i ever read in a bass-forum.
thank you richard

Richard Prowse 03-02-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anselm Hauke (Post 11307)
that´s one of the most remarkable sentences i ever read in a bass-forum.
thank you richard

My wife bought us some really thick curtains. Now, when I get up in the night, it's a challenge to find the bathroom.

Anselm Hauke 03-02-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Prowse (Post 11309)
My wife bought us some really thick curtains. Now, when I get up in the night, it's a challenge to find the bathroom.

less cardonnay --> sleep through

Richard Prowse 03-02-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anselm Hauke (Post 11313)
less cardonnay --> sleep through

Less chardonnay ---> sleep through ---> wet pyjama pants

Anselm Hauke 03-02-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Prowse (Post 11314)
Less chardonnay ---> sleep through ---> wet pyjama pants

dave, i am very sorry for your thread... :)

Dave Martin 03-02-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anselm Hauke (Post 11315)
dave, i am very sorry for your thread... :)

These things happen - especially when wine or beer gets involved. :)

Richard Prowse 03-02-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Martin (Post 11316)

Is Haukey drinking both wine and beer?

Oren Hudson 03-02-2009 10:10 PM

Don't be sorry my friend Anselm. That's reserved for the fantastic Patsy Cline. What a singer! Left us much too early, but she left us with a ton of great music. Forget the beer and wine, just enjoy Patsy straight up. :)

Richard Prowse 03-03-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oren Hudson (Post 11322)
Don't wine be my reserved friend sorry Anselm. That's Patsy for Cline the singer . What a ton! Left early, but she left us with a of great music. Forget Patsy the beer and, just enjoy fantastic straight up us much too. :)

Sorry Oren, my friend, but this makes no sense to me.

Joel Larsson 03-03-2009 02:34 PM

I had to quit drinking when I moved to Norway. I think that earned me some of my honorary extra years.
We had night all the time not very long ago. I sleep very well, thank you. Perhaps, dear Richard, I actually DO see things from a different perspective? If I didn't, I'd just agree with you! Now, if you only tried to see things from a different perspective, you'd see that I am completely right!!

Uh-oh, I can almost feel the belt hitting my piggy pink bottom already...

NP: Amanda Jenssen - Darling, Go Home