Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) (http://www.smithbassforums.com//index.php)
-   Used Smith Basses (for sale or wanted) (http://www.smithbassforums.com//forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Ken Smith Basses (http://www.smithbassforums.com//showthread.php?t=2832)

Tim Bishop 06-11-2021 03:04 PM

Ken Smith Basses

I will attempt (intentionally) to keep this as brief as possible:

Getting older and playing less, etc., has caused me to begin thinking about parting with my Smith collection. I now have about 8 remaining and they are all Ken's top-of-the-line best. Not sure what I may end up keeping in the end or what I will part with (at this time), however, at some point in the future I will need to let them go.

1. '01 5GN: Fretless: Bubinga Top and Back, Maple Core, Blank Ebony FB.
2. '01 Black Tiger Elite: Custom Ordered. 5A Crotch Walnut Top; Oil Finish.
3. '02 5EG: Highly Figured Cocobolo Top and Back, Wanut Core.
4. '04 5EG: 7&7 Ebony Top and Back, Ebony Peg Face, Maple Core.
5. '05 5EG: 25th. Anniversary 7&7 5A Walnut Top and Back. Fusion Body.
6. '06 5EG: 7&7 5A Walnut Top and Back, Walnut Core.
7. '08 5EG: Zebra Top and Back, Walnut Core.
8. '18 5TNWTP: 5A Walnut Top and Back, 5A Maple Core.

If you have questions or comments, I will only reply to PM's. If interested, you can PM me and I will respond when I can.

I would also add: All these basses are in exceptional condition and I'm confident you won't find better examples outside of ordering directly from Ken.

I've played Ken's basses for over 22 years. These instruments have truly inspired me from the first time I heard one in the mix to when I played one in my hands. They truly are the reason why I didn't quit playing years ago. But time, change in interests, etc., are leading me down different paths, to the point where I have begun thinking about parting with, what I would endorse as, the best bass guitars on the planet. I'm certain wherever these instruments land, the fortunate recipient will agree.

Ken, I hope everything I've utilized here within your Forum meets your approval. If not, let me know or please feel free to delete this thread.

Thanks to all at Ken Smith Basses for the last 22 years. Y'all truly breathed life into me musically, as I'm certain you have with countless others and will continue to do so.

Thank you!

Ken Smith 06-11-2021 06:10 PM

All is good Tim.. In time, we all think of down sizing things that we no longer need and use. Eventually, everything is for sale. So, thanks for being a great ambassador to the Smith bass company.. :cool:

Tim Bishop 06-11-2021 06:53 PM

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Smith (Post 28506)
.... So, thanks for being a great ambassador to the Smith bass company.. :cool:

This part will continue until my last breath. There are just some things in life that are worthy of lifting up. Hope all is well your way.

Gerson Lazo 06-25-2021 11:24 PM

Hi Tim,

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks in advanced,
Best,

Tim Bishop 06-26-2021 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerson Lazo (Post 28513)
Hi Tim,

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks in advanced,
Best,

Just replied.

Kraig Gregory 06-28-2021 11:11 PM

Interested in a 7 and 7.

Tim, Pm sent

Tim Bishop 06-28-2021 11:27 PM

Replied.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraig Gregory (Post 28515)
Tim, Pm sent

Replied to your message.

Tim Bishop 07-13-2021 01:21 PM

Follow-up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Bishop (Post 28505)
I will attempt (intentionally) to keep this as brief as possible:

Getting older and playing less, etc., has caused me to begin thinking about parting with my Smith collection. I now have about 8 remaining and they are all Ken's top-of-the-line best. Not sure what I may end up keeping in the end or what I will part with (at this time), however, at some point in the future I will need to let them go.

1. '01 5GN: Fretless: Bubinga Top and Back, Maple Core, Blank Ebony FB.
2. '01 Black Tiger Elite: Custom Ordered. 5A Crotch Walnut Top; Oil Finish.
3. '02 5EG: Highly Figured Cocobolo Top and Back, Wanut Core.
4. '04 5EG: 7&7 Ebony Top and Back, Ebony Peg Face, Maple Core.
5. '05 5EG: 25th. Anniversary 7&7 5A Walnut Top and Back. Fusion Body.
6. '06 5EG: 7&7 5A Walnut Top and Back, Walnut Core.
7. '08 5EG: Zebra Top and Back, Walnut Core.
8. '18 5TNWTP: 5A Walnut Top and Back, 5A Maple Core.

If you have questions or comments, I will only reply to PM's. If interested, you can PM me and I will respond when I can.

I would also add: All these basses are in exceptional condition and I'm confident you won't find better examples outside of ordering directly from Ken.

I've played Ken's basses for over 22 years. These instruments have truly inspired me from the first time I heard one in the mix to when I played one in my hands. They truly are the reason why I didn't quit playing years ago. But time, change in interests, etc., are leading me down different paths, to the point where I have begun thinking about parting with, what I would endorse as, the best bass guitars on the planet. I'm certain wherever these instruments land, the fortunate recipient will agree.

Ken, I hope everything I've utilized here within your Forum meets your approval. If not, let me know or please feel free to delete this thread.

Thanks to all at Ken Smith Basses for the last 22 years. Y'all truly breathed life into me musically, as I'm certain you have with countless others and will continue to do so.

Thank you!

Hey All,

I have received some PM's regarding my post above, however, I'm unable to reply to some of those PM's because either your settings do not allow replies from a PM or you are a 'New Member' to this Site.

One of those PM's I received today (7/13/21) and was unable to reply via PM because they were a 'New Member' as of today (7/13/21). At some point soon, 'New Members' will be able to utilize the PM function.

You may also email me at: tbishop@1scom.net

Thank you!

Tim B.

Tim Bishop 09-13-2021 06:23 PM

My Smith Bass Pics

Here are some pictures of Ken Smith bass guitars:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set?v...09531921465684

Kraig Gregory 09-14-2021 09:00 PM

Killing me with the tease

Tim,

Amazing bass collection. What is currently for sale? As you know I am interested in your 7&7s.

Lmk.

Tim Bishop 09-14-2021 09:29 PM

Bubinga Fretless and Black Tiger

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraig Gregory (Post 28537)
Tim,

Amazing bass collection. What is currently for sale? As you know I am interested in your 7&7s.

Lmk.

Currently the Bubinga Fretless and Black Tiger are available.

Tim Bishop 10-08-2021 03:12 PM

#6 No Longer Available.

#6: No Longer Available.

Tim Bishop 11-12-2021 03:34 PM

#2 No Longer Available.

#2 No Longer Available.

Anthony Baker 11-14-2021 01:06 AM

Hi Tim,

I'm looking for a Black Tiger Elite 5 string with Walnut Top and Back. Wondering if you still have some of yours available, and keen to get some details.

Best Regards
Anthony

Tim Bishop 11-14-2021 08:13 AM

Black Tiger Elite 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony Baker (Post 28557)
Hi Tim,

I'm looking for a Black Tiger Elite 5 string with Walnut Top and Back. Wondering if you still have some of yours available, and keen to get some details.

Best Regards
Anthony

Sorry Anthony, just sold it (#2) a few days ago.

BTW-I'm unable to reply to your PM because of your current PM limitations for being a new member. I've responded below:

Regarding your question: They are all amazing. Currently I only have the BSR5GN Bubinga Fretless listed for sale. All others are, at this time, not listed for sale. If you are interested in purchasing a new Smith or need additional information, you should certainly contact Ken Smith Basses for that information.

-Tim B.

Anthony Baker 11-15-2021 04:47 AM

Hi Tim,

Thank you. I sent you a PM asking about the ones you still have in your collection.

Best

Tim Bishop 11-15-2021 11:04 AM

Repeat from previous post...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony Baker (Post 28561)
Hi Tim,

Thank you. I sent you a PM asking about the ones you still have in your collection.

Best

I'm unable to reply to your PM because of your current PM limitations for being a new member. I've responded below:

Regarding your question: They are all amazing. Currently I only have the BSR5GN Bubinga Fretless listed for sale. All others are, at this time, not listed for sale. If you are interested in purchasing a new Smith or need additional information, you should certainly contact Ken Smith Basses for that information.

-Tim B.

Anthony Baker 11-15-2021 07:00 PM

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the reply, I wasn’t aware of the PM limitation.

I would be very interested in #3 the Cocobolo and Walnut core one. If you ever consider parting with it, please do let me know.

Thank you

Anthony Baker 11-16-2021 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Bishop (Post 28564)
I'm unable to reply to your PM because of your current PM limitations for being a new member. I've responded below:

-Tim B.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the reply, I wasn’t aware of the PM limitation.

I would be very interested in #3 the Cocobolo and Walnut core one. If you ever consider parting with it, please do let me know.

Thank you

Tim Bishop 03-20-2023 05:11 PM

#4 No Longer Available.

#4 No Longer Available.