Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) (http://www.smithbassforums.com//index.php)
-   The Bull Pit (http://www.smithbassforums.com//forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Facebook? (http://www.smithbassforums.com//showthread.php?t=2532)

Ken Smith 07-06-2014 09:55 PM

Facebook?
 
Hi guys, I was just wondering if you read or belong to either of my pages on Facebook, Ken Smith (my first on FB, personal page) or Ken Smith Basses (the actual official one) ?

With activity being less now on Forums and Emails alike, I am wondering if FB is the new Web Forum. many expect me to show pictures that are already on the website and to do business as I have in the past thru Email. I often invite them to email me and look at the website to continue business and stress this point but they keep coming and coming.

What do you guys think?

Eric Hochberg 07-07-2014 07:10 PM

I am "friends" on both your pages, but only go to your website for information about basses for sale and your forum for bass info. I figure most put the "total picture" of their business on their webpages but use facebook as more of a blog and social interaction and general advertising platform. I could be wrong about this, but that's how I approach it, maybe that is very old school at this point.

Eric Swanson 08-14-2014 10:12 PM

I find Facebook nearly impossible to negotiate and use it extremely rarely. I love the forum because things are easy to find and reference.

I have never visited your Facebook pages. I can try it, but I truly hope this Forum stays.

I'll often browse photos or threads, usually without logging in, just to look at photos of bows or basses, usually.

Thanks for keeping this going, Ken...

Ken Smith 08-15-2014 02:18 AM

FB
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Swanson (Post 27262)
I find Facebook nearly impossible to negotiate and use it extremely rarely. I love the forum because things are easy to find and reference.

I have never visited your Facebook pages. I can try it, but I truly hope this Forum stays.

I'll often browse photos or threads, usually without logging in, just to look at photos of bows or basses, usually.

Thanks for keeping this going, Ken...

Thanks Eric. It seems that FB has become a way of life for many. I find it to be busy, worldly and a good source to reach a lot if people in a short period of time. I have no plans of changing the Forum. In fact, I have been using the Forum to showcase new arrivals and other types of important news. I usually post the same info and pics on FB as well. This way, everyone on line can read it.

FrankDeets 11-17-2014 07:57 AM

I think facebook is reserved for social media and I believe that having forums separated from that is a good thing.

Gerry Grable 11-17-2014 07:00 PM

Facebook?
 
I haven't visited your FB, yet. But I really like your forum and hope you keep it.
I like the no BS feel of it.
Thanks for keeping it going.
Gerry

Dave Whitla 03-14-2015 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerry Grable (Post 27340)
I haven't visited your FB, yet. But I really like your forum and hope you keep it.
I like the no BS feel of it.
Thanks for keeping it going.
Gerry

+1
Thanks, Ken.

Ken Smith 03-15-2015 03:28 AM

Interesting views here guys. Thanks for the comments. Don't stop on my account! :cool:

Kjetil Laukholm 03-30-2015 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Smith (Post 27195)
Hi guys, I was just wondering if you read or belong to either of my pages on Facebook, Ken Smith (my first on FB, personal page) or Ken Smith Basses (the actual official one) ?

With activity being less now on Forums and Emails alike, I am wondering if FB is the new Web Forum. many expect me to show pictures that are already on the website and to do business as I have in the past thru Email. I often invite them to email me and look at the website to continue business and stress this point but they keep coming and coming.

What do you guys think?

My wife and I are not on Facebook and the same goes for some of our closest friends.
I much prefer reading forums.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - Ken Smith Basses, LTD. (All Rights Reserved)