Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) (http://www.smithbassforums.com//index.php)
-   The Bull Pit (http://www.smithbassforums.com//forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Grits Thread. (http://www.smithbassforums.com//showthread.php?t=1099)

Richard Prowse 06-05-2009 04:31 AM

The Grits Thread.

Do we really need a grits thread? Over to you, Oren...

Oren Hudson 06-05-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Prowse (Post 13575)
Do we really need a grits thread? Over to you, Oren...

Only if you want to be the cool, talented, intelligent, emotionally stable, well rounded, pajama wearing gift to women that I am! If not, then just skip the grits. :)

Richard Prowse 06-06-2009 05:08 PM

"Michael Jackson owns the rights to the South Carolina State Anthem."
This is supposedly true. Do grits make you crazy?

Richard Prowse 06-08-2009 02:09 PM

Why are there no grits recipes yet on this thread?

Oren Hudson 06-08-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Prowse (Post 13656)

It's on the box.

Oren Hudson 06-08-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Prowse (Post 13626)
"Michael Jackson owns the rights to the South Carolina State Anthem."
This is supposedly true. Do grits make you crazy?

Yea, and every time you sing Happy Birthday, send Michael money.

Oren Hudson 06-09-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Prowse (Post 13656)

Your wish is my command. OK my real Southern friend. I've posted 4 new pix @ http://oren=hudson.u.yuku.com/gallery. Pbass '57 reissue. Vintage 515B Lansing speaker AND----You guessed it---- Grits bag and recipe. Actually should post this in the HAPPY DAYS thread too! :)

Oren Hudson 06-10-2009 11:50 PM

My sorry rascal friend Richard - get up and fix those grits. :)

Richard Prowse 06-11-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oren Hudson (Post 13687)
My sorry rascal friend Richard - get up and fix those grits. :)

Are the grits broken?

Oren Hudson 06-11-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Prowse (Post 13700)
Are the grits broken?

They're broken until you fix 'em, my dear friend Richard. :)

Richard Prowse 06-11-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oren Hudson (Post 13705)
They're broken until you fix 'em, my dear friend Richard. :)

Clarification please, my confederate friend.

Richard Prowse 06-22-2009 04:48 AM

I'm missing Oren more than a plate of grits.

Oren Hudson 06-23-2009 09:51 PM

The King of Grits is back. Vacation was OK. It was interrupted last Friday by a call from a friend that was checking up on Molly and Samantha, our two outdoor dogs. She found that Molly had fallen ill, so we made the 4 hour trip back home. Unfortunately, we didn't make it in time and sweet Molly (the yellow lab in picture 9 of the pics I posted a while back) had died. So we had her funeral and buried her in her lot. We then we sadly returned to the beach for the last 3 days of the vacation time.

Be assured that we had plenty of grits while at the coast. Each time, I imagined my friends around the world enjoying the pleasure that I was. ;)

Tim Bishop 06-23-2009 10:46 PM

So sorry.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oren Hudson (Post 13978)
The King of Grits is back. Vacation was OK. It was interrupted last Friday by a call from a friend that was checking up on Molly and Samantha, our two outdoor dogs. She found that Molly had fallen ill, so we made the 4 hour trip back home. Unfortunately, we didn't make it in time and sweet Molly (the yellow lab in picture 9 of the pics I posted a while back) had died. So we had her funeral and buried her in her lot. We then we sadly returned to the beach for the last 3 days of the vacation time.

Man do I so understand that loss, Oren. I very much know what it is like to loose a most loyal and faithful animal such as Molly most likely was. I am feeling your pain and am so sorry to here that this happened.

Richard Prowse 06-23-2009 11:42 PM

My best wishes too, my friend.

Joel Larsson 06-24-2009 12:34 PM

Yes. That ought to be even worse than losing a bass. :(

Oren Hudson 06-24-2009 09:46 PM

Thanks for your thoughts and words. Both Donna and I are dog lovers and losing one is, to us, like losing a member of the family. Molly had been with us for 10 years.

Sorry for my limited visiting, but work has, fortunately, been busy. I'm trying to stay one step ahead of the poor house. :)

Tim Bishop 06-24-2009 09:59 PM

Yes....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oren Hudson (Post 14043)
Both Donna and I are dog lovers and losing one is, to us, like losing a member of the family. Molly had been with us for 10 years.

I totally understand and can relate to that, Oren. As I sit here typing this, I look up at the photo's of 4 of my shepherds I have lost over the last 9 years. I can take comfort in knowing they had a great life and I gave to them all I could. I suspect you are no different. H

Have you read The Rainbow Bridge?

Oren Hudson 06-24-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Bishop (Post 14045)
I totally understand and can relate to that, Oren. As I sit here typing this, I look up at the photo's of 4 of my shepherds I have lost over the last 9 years. I can take comfort in knowing they had a great life and I gave to them all I could. I suspect you are no different. H

Have you read The Rainbow Bridge?

Well Tim, many of our friends swear that we have a dog "magnet" in our yard. When one shows up, those friends say that the dog has just won the lottery. :)

Rainbow Bridge is a beauty!

Tim Bishop 06-24-2009 11:51 PM

Ha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oren Hudson (Post 14049)
Well Tim, many of our friends swear that we have a dog "magnet" in our yard. When one shows up, those friends say that the dog has just won the lottery. :)

Rainbow Bridge is a beauty!

I love it and I'm not surprised. :)