Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) (http://www.smithbassforums.com//index.php)
-   Smith Basses, Handmade (http://www.smithbassforums.com//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Details about my Ken smith burner bass (http://www.smithbassforums.com//showthread.php?t=2486)

nathan bossoh 03-02-2014 06:41 PM

Details about my Ken smith burner bass

Hi Ken

Just wanted to know some details of my ken smith Burner bass thanks.

The serial number is 941196 sw5 :)

Ken Smith 03-02-2014 08:26 PM

details?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathan bossoh (Post 27022)
Hi Ken

Just wanted to know some details of my ken smith Burner bass thanks.

The serial number is 941196 sw5 :)

Are you asking the members here or asking me? To ask me directly, you can also email me at the company, support@kensmithbasses.com

But, since we are here, this is what I can tell you;

1994 Burner Standard, White color (5-string)

More to read here from the quick jump from the company website including specs; http://www.kensmithbasses.com/models/bsrb/bsrb.html

nathan bossoh 03-02-2014 08:47 PM

Ah, I was asking you, but ok I can send an email to you if needed instead,

Thanks

Ken Smith 03-02-2014 08:53 PM

email..

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathan bossoh (Post 27025)
Ah, I was asking you, but ok I can send an email to you if needed instead,

Thanks

We are good. That is what I would have replied back with. On the other hand, I only email from my office. I can do forum responses from home though in the evenings and weekends so this place works fine.

nathan bossoh 03-03-2014 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Smith (Post 27026)
We are good. That is what I would have replied back with. On the other hand, I only email from my office. I can do forum responses from home though in the evenings and weekends so this place works fine.

Ok, if its alright here then i will await your response in the evening, i just kind of want to know any information you could give me on it as iv'e had it for a while but don't really know too much about it. I only know what the first 6 numbers of the serial number mean.

Thanks

Ken Smith 03-03-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathan bossoh (Post 27028)
Ok, if its alright here then i will await your response in the evening, i just kind of want to know any information you could give me on it as iv'e had it for a while but don't really know too much about it. I only know what the first 6 numbers of the serial number mean.

Thanks

I did answer you in my first post.

On the number, 94 1196 sw5..

94=1994,

1196 = number of Burners made to date.

nathan bossoh 03-03-2014 06:33 PM

Oh cool ok. I though there was more you were gonna add to it but that is fine Ken.

Thank you for the info!

Ken Smith 03-03-2014 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathan bossoh (Post 27031)
Oh cool ok. I though there was more you were gonna add to it but that is fine Ken.

Thank you for the info!

Did you read the info in my first reply? Everything is there and with a link to read the specs.

Lawrence Foulquier 02-21-2017 09:54 AM

Hi Nathan,

I own this bass now!
Did you sanded it, or was it a previous owner?

JonPaulsen 02-04-2018 01:27 PM

Just about to get an old Burner, most likely a standard since it's a solid color. I just wanted to ask if the specs are the same for the BSRB and the Burners when it comes to body woods?
So, Standard = alder?

Thanks,
Jon-Inge

Ken Smith 02-04-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonPaulsen (Post 28150)
Just about to get an old Burner, most likely a standard since it's a solid color. I just wanted to ask if the specs are the same for the BSRB and the Burners when it comes to body woods?
So, Standard = alder?

Thanks,
Jon-Inge

Yes, just the shape of the body and head were changed. Burners were the BT model and the BSR'B' were the BSR models. Burners before late 1992 had a different circuit.

JonPaulsen 02-05-2018 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Smith (Post 28151)
Yes, just the shape of the body and head were changed. Burners were the BT model and the BSR'B' were the BSR models. Burners before late 1992 had a different circuit.

Thanks a lot!
I think it will compliment my '90 BT6 in a very nice way.
Cheers, Jon-Inge

JonPaulsen 02-05-2018 05:18 PM

Hi again :-)
The seller sendt the serial number, which is 904405
He says there are no letters there, just those numbers (but I will double check when it arrives).
I was just wondering if there was a different numbering scheme the first years of production?
Its a solid red finish 5-string, so I was wondering if the numbers meant that it is #440 in 1990 or if it's #4405 (which doesn't really makes sense if there was produced a total of about 2000 Burners and BRS'B' basses from 1989 to 1999 :-)

When you say "to date", you mean to date from production start in 1989, or to date for that given year?

As it's a 90-model, it must have the other circuit, then. What is the difference between these?
Thanks for the information! :-)
Cheers,
Jon-Inge

Ken Smith 02-06-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonPaulsen (Post 28155)
Hi again :-)
The seller sendt the serial number, which is 904405
He says there are no letters there, just those numbers (but I will double check when it arrives).
I was just wondering if there was a different numbering scheme the first years of production?
Its a solid red finish 5-string, so I was wondering if the numbers meant that it is #440 in 1990 or if it's #4405 (which doesn't really makes sense if there was produced a total of about 2000 Burners and BRS'B' basses from 1989 to 1999 :-)

When you say "to date", you mean to date from production start in 1989, or to date for that given year?

As it's a 90-model, it must have the other circuit, then. What is the difference between these?
Thanks for the information! :-)
Cheers,
Jon-Inge

Letters were not used in the beginning. That is a 1990 bass #440, 5-string. The Burner basses before late 1992 had circuits from Japan. After that, we used our printed circuit boards made here in USA.

JonPaulsen 02-06-2018 03:57 PM

Then it was as I thought, then. :-)
Thanks again for the information!