Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) (http://www.smithbassforums.com//index.php)
-   KSD - Ken Smith Design (http://www.smithbassforums.com//forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ksd 6 string (http://www.smithbassforums.com//showthread.php?t=966)

Malachi Ashanti 02-18-2009 02:53 PM

Ksd 6 string

1 Attachment(s)
I recently picked this bass up, and I must say I was and still am very pleased with this unit. It is heavy but I am ok with heavy basses. I sounds great in both passive and active. Very articulate and warm in finger style and slap. I really don't see a need to change anything on this bass at all, unless you just want something more to add. It is a monster as it is.

Ken, I know you don't get too involved in conversations about these KSD because they are sold by Brooklyngear, and I know you just advise them on the design etc, but I must say I think it is too bad that you don't, because your ideas for this bass is outstanding. I know you have plenty of work with your Ken Smith basses, I have owned a few of them also, but I wish you did make a jazz bass copy made and serviced by you. If the KSD is an indication of just how great a Fender copy Jazz made by you would be, it would be well worth it IMO.

Ken Smith 02-18-2009 03:04 PM

well..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malachi Ashanti (Post 11050)
I recently picked this bass up, and I must say I was and still am very pleased with this unit. It is heavy but I am ok with heavy basses. I sounds great in both passive and active. Very articulate and warm in finger style and slap. I really don't see a need to change anything on this bass at all, unless you just want something more to add. It is a monster as it is.

Ken, I know you don't get too involved in conversations about these KSD because they are sold by Brooklyngear, and I know you just advise them on the design etc, but I must say I think it is too bad that you don't, because your ideas for this bass is outstanding. I know you have plenty of work with your Ken Smith basses, I have owned a few of them also, but I wish you did make a jazz bass copy made and serviced by you. If the KSD is an indication of just how great a Fender copy Jazz made by you would be, it would be well worth it IMO.

Thanks for the compliments. In this Fender cloning business I try to stay as far away as possible from it. Helping Brooklyn Gear with the designs of the KSD models is about as close as I want to get to anything Fender-like.

Malachi Ashanti 02-18-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Smith (Post 11051)
Thanks for the compliments. In this Fender cloning business I try to stay as far away as possible from it. Helping Brooklyn Gear with the designs of the KSD models is about as close as I want to get to anything Fender-like.

Understood, you are doing quite well in what you produce at your shop.

Just wishful thinking.