View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Default More bow???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram Schoonderbeek View Post
Ah something I have questions about, and this is something I noticed, just wanted to check if that thing I encountered makes any sence to anyone of you guys... When your low B string sounds less in volume then the other strings giving the neck a little more "bow" resolves this diffenrence by a margin.
Also makes you sound a bit warmer.. anyone encountered the same phenomenon?..

Best regards and have a nice christmas ofcource!
My as-brief-as-possible response:

If by "more bow" you mean more relief in the neck to correct your issue, I would disagree that this be an option to correct focus on any string at any time on any bass.

I would suggest:

First: Make sure you have a professional set-up done on your bass for your playing style. I agree with Ken that there are allot of folks out there that call themselves "qualified professionals" and will gladly take your money and may leave you no better off than before. So, if you can't do this yourself, find someone qualified who is. Ask around for recommendations from reliable sources, otherwise, send it back to Ken.

Second: Maybe you have a bad B-string. Yes, this is a possibility.

Third: On most of Ken's P/U's you have the ability to adjust each strings' individual pole pieces. This can help you dial-in focus for each individual string, up and down the neck. More times than not, provided I'm set-up with a fresh quality set of strings, this corrects any focus issue I've ever encountered.

Merry Christmas!