View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Default Answers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Cheesman View Post
Thanks Bob!

OK. Dumb question: Which knob is which? Obviously the one closest the strings is the volume, and that's the one to pull for passive. Which reminds me... the battery is dead. Do I open up the back to repalce the battery?

Yes, the Volume and Passive/Active Control is closest to strings and Neck P/U. Yes, open the back and replace the battery: Sounds like it's dead if you can't discern between Passive/Active and/or Tone Controls.

Below the volume knob and next to it appear to control tone? Which is which? The bottom one appears to effect the treble more? I'm not used to messing with bass tone.

The Control below and closest to the Volume Control is the P/U Pan/Blend: Clock-wise for neck P/U; counter-clock-wise for Bridge P/U; center detent for both Neck and Bridge P/U.

Diagonal from volume (closest to the jack) I can't quite figure out. Does it blend the pick-ups? Which way for neck? Which way for bridge.

The Control closest to the Input Jack is your Bass Tone Control. The Control above you Bass Tone Control and next to the Volume Control, is your Treble Tone Control.

Hope this helps if you haven't figured it all out by now.

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 02-20-2009 at 11:21 PM.