View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Posting Member

Brian Gencarelli is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks.

Ken- thanks for that info. I have heard so many varying opinions about the bass... I got the information on the age from a letter that was given to me by the family of the previous player. It was from Kenneth Warren and Son- dated 1954. (I have some knowledge of their reputation in the business) I truly appreciate your experience and knowledge in the field.

Arnold- Thanks for the info on Bill Crow. I hadn't seen that bass before. It does look similar, but hard to tell from the low res pics on his site. Maybe I will try to contact him to compare notes.

I really don't care what year the bass is. It has a wonderful sound and I feel like I got a good deal on it 10 years ago. I am thinking about having a restoration done, as I haven't had any work, other than putting on the extension and adjusting the post done since I bought it. Would you have any suggestions about things I should have done? (Since you have encountered some of these type instruments before) I have had one estimate around $5,500. The hardest part about doing the restoration is being without the bass for that long!

BG