View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Exclamation ??

How is the Bow being measured, from where to where exactly. If the measurement excludes the Screw than it is very long.

The bow looks odd and old, maybe. The head looks like it's for a French style bow but still, the pics are hard to go by. Reminds me of some older Bazin Shop Bows by the head but probably not.

What are you looking for? This bow is a odd ball with no real market value. It might play nice and it might be junk.

My suggestion, find something better to spend your money on and you time with. This is not worth chasing.

The pictures show the notches in the stick; l///, meaning #4 Stick. This is a shop made/assembled stick/bow. The Frog should have the same notches inside but it doesn't. That means they were not made together. Who knows where that Screw came from. It's doubtful that it's a match for the Frog. So, you have 3 foreign to each other parts. The Bow also is NOT Pernambuco. It is some other wood used back then like a Brazilwood of sorts, maybe even Ipe (aka Pau d'arco) which I think they used as well.

The Bow is in Germany. You are in NJ? Watch the Masters this week on TV. Better to spend time watching Golf than Ebay.. Let it go..

A re-Hair and Grip can run close to $300. Not worth it for this Bow. Trust me, dealers around the world are watching this and all other Bows worthy of investment. If you win the auction, you will either have over payed if it's of value or won it because no one else wants it or are willing to take a gamble with an unknown composite parts Bow.