View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Posting Member

Ruben E garcia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne holmes View Post
I think you did really good if it's carved. Good pictures. In some places it looks carved and in others I think that I see more than one layer.

One has to be impressed, inspired and even encouraged by your obvious passion and persistance.

There are a couple of things that stand out to me that lead me to believe that it had a pretty good maker and that it wasn't the cheapest model made in its day. The purfling is impressive if its inlayed and not painted on later. And, my experience has been that if you see a neck that has grain as the neck of your bass does, that the maker thought the bass worthy of a more expensive neck.

I wonder, since the neck looks long to me, if the scale length is a 43.5 inches.

You're on your way Ruben. Proud of you and happy for you!
Thank you Wayne I am following your advice, and every one good advise on this forum for pointing me in the right direction.
Now I need a good book about the subject…
Now the front is carve for sure and the back I think it have to be carve too (In my opinion), why because the curve, and the joint in the middle, you can also see in the label picture the little squares running thru all the back plate.

Well the dude say it was 41” not too sure I will measure and I’ll let you know