View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 06:32 AM
Junior Posting Member

Strahinja Petrovic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Erickson View Post
Well, why not just try a lower tension string? There isn't really any adjustment you can make to the bass that will change the actual tension of the strings.

For example, Helicores come in three gauges; you could use medium or heavy on the lower strings and light on top...

Or, you could use the 'A' string from a solo set; that should have even less tension.

The problem is most likely that the shape of the bridge and/or fingerboard is making the G higher than the other strings, so it just feels tighter. Of course the only way to fix that is to spend some $$$ on a setup and probably new parts too.
I can't change strings because I use Cordes Lambert. Mr. Lambert made me custom thinner G string, it's a little better but it's still tighter.
I'm ready to spend the money! I don't have money for a new bass and here in Serbia it's hard to find decent bass that could suit my style of playing. It's impossible to find good plywood bass with ebony or rosewood fingerboard or without beveled fingerboard (I hate it!) and good quality parts.