View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pope View Post
Ken, you should know that the thread was closed. Unfortunately, not deleted, but at least closed.

That kind of thing is what I expect to see on the front pages of the pulp at the supermarket checkout, not on a hobbyists' forum.
Yes it was closed and over 1500 people have read it. As you say, many of them Hobbyists. But, even Hobbyists buy basses. Some very expensive and even way over priced. Just talk nice on the phone and they will hand you their life savings as long as you build them what they ask, right or wrong. Then when they realize what they bought and paid for,mentally they will justify their purchase and NEVER admit the made a mistake or over paid. That would be hard to sleep with knowing your screwed yourself. They even have support groups on like where you show and talk about the great bass you paid double for and can't get half your money back in a fair deal but hey, you gotta believe you did the right thing, right?

Just being sarcastic here, a little..

Now, I read this from the same Mod that shut that Thread down; "Cover your profanity completely, or your post will be deleted!!!"
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f30/co...eleted-267899/

Ok, so I agree. Then, Delete that Hang-Mob Thread. It only builds hate.

Thanks for the support guys.