View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Garcia View Post
So last night I show up 2 rehearsal with my BSRMW6, go to plug in and all of a sudden I have EXTREMELY LOW OUTPUT VOLUME, 1st thing I do is swap the 9volts, and NOTHING, next I blow some air into the input jack thinking maybe some dust or junk got inside again NOTHING!! I don't know what 2 do, my "gain" internally by the dip switches is at factory setting, I tried raising all the way that didn't do anything.
I did notice that my bass eq on the outside has all of a sudden become slightly loose, but I've given up, I don't know if anybody else has experienced this issue, it's come at the most in-opportune time.....thnx in advance!
Not sure what you mean by "swap the 9volts"....So, a couple things:

1. Make certain your battery (for 9V Pre) or batteries (for 18V Pre) are fresh.

2. Clean ALL your contact points with a Contact/Control Cleaner (i.e. this includes your cable ends, your input jack on bass, amp, or whatever other piece of gear you use that requires a connection.

3. Are you sure your cables are good?

4. Are you playing through an amp and if so, how do you know it's not your amp that's the issue?

If 1 - 4 above doesn't lead you to a solution, it could be a number of other things.

Also, as Ronen points out (assuming the issue resides in the pre-amp of the bass which has yet to be determined), a workable solution: Pull upward on your Volume Control for Passive Mode. This will bypass the bass' pre-amp Tone Controls only giving you control of your Volume, Pan and S/P Switches (if you have them). Because you will be in Passive Mode, you will need to increase the Gain/Volume and make necessary tone control adjustments from your amp. This will get you by until you determine what the issue is.

Let us know your progress.

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 12-10-2011 at 03:46 PM.