View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Senior Posting Member

Albert Smith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bishop View Post
No, I wouldn't say it's a Smith and I would attribute this to simply a lack of knowledge of the Smith bass in this area. I don't see one dominant choice at this time. At least not yet. Ken, are you reading this???

I am doing my part though to convert and it is having some impact! Locally, I get calls from players interested in Smiths through those that know me and know I play Smiths exclusively. Given the extensive collection I have and have had, I have been able to fix them up!

Also, with the exposure I get playing and recording, I connect with those curious about my choice in bass. Of course, while they can see and hear the difference, I do share my feelings on the matter...... I even get calls from outside the state of Texas for the same reasons I stated above!
That was the original intent of my question, since I have been playing exclusively "Smith" basses, all my fellow bassist from neighboring churches have had an increased interest in "Smith" basses. They love the rich smooth sound that eludes from my WBT 5 Elite and they love the neck through design. In NY Ken Smith is very well known.