View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down ID to match the badges?..lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sprague View Post
Hey Ken, I'll ring in on this one with one small tidbit:
On Sunday, they made everybody show photo ID to match the badges, which cut down on alot of the riff-raff. Sunday was all business, that insanity of trying to tie up the loose ends amidst a flood of people thinking they were gonna buy a cheap instrument or get a star's autograph was thankfully gone.

I think the days of getting dealers to make appointments was gone before my time, I've never had any success with it. I've even walked the floor hunting down specific dealers that I wanted to meet. Two of my top ten I met that way lol. That's alot of money to put into that show to think "well, maybe". I don't blame you for bailing.
On Sunday John most people have already left town or are too hung over from Partying on Saturday night. It's the Thursday, Friday and *Saturday (*mainly) that kills me. Sunday ends early and is a walk in the park compared to Fri and Sat. They do that just to make believe they are doing something. In the mean time, NAMM has already published "RECORD Attendance" (to the trades) for Fri and Sat like we get a piece of the door or something. So much BULL, that I watch Politics now on TV to make up for what I miss (not) at NAMM...lol