Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb True??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SongJinYoung View Post
Oh!! How beautiful she is!!!

Hey Ken!!
Someone told me that KS was made by S.Spector #001~#032
Is it true??
The parts for the first 16 were glued up there at the old Brooklyn Spector shop where Vinne worked. Then they were sent out for carving at another place, the same that carved the Spector Basses. When they came back, the machine marks were scraped off, final carving and Fingerboard work were done and all sanding and Oil finishing. Then I picked them up and to them to my place for the set-up work of all the parts. The Fret work was not so good and some needed touch-up. For the second 16, another Luthier and myself made and glued up all the Parts, took them to Spector where they prepped them for the Carving machine company and so on till they were done the same way. Then, I opened up a shop (mid 1980) with Fodera as my first employee as he left Spector to work with me.

Most of the History written about me is accurate. Some of it is other peoples point of View. NO SMITH BASS was EVER made without me, ever! I personally worked on every Bass and still do so saying that someone MADE my Bass is an INACCURATE statement! On those first 32, all the Maple for the Body and neck parts were personally picked and purchased by me and shipped to the Shop from the Lumber company. I was involved to the point that I turned down jobs as a Bassist when ever I was needed in the Shop or at a trade show.