View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool New Formula..

First off, I am sorry my review on TB is out dated and that I may have given it a thumbs down opinion. A player that subs in my section has them on an old Juzek Bass and from a Bass/stand away they sound good on his Bass. New or Old formula I have no idea! When I did go and try his Bass, I just didn't like the strings on his Bass either.

One another note of 'different strokes' kind of comparisons we must realize is that some Basses bow better than others and that some strings work better on some Basses as well. I have several Basses with regular Flexocor or Starks on them and they just do not bow the same Bass to Bass even with the exact same strings. Sometimes it's a matter of matching up the right String for the Player for a particular Bass.

When I get a Bass and the Strings are working well, I usually don't take them off for awhile. One of my Basses sounds and plays almost the same no matter what String I use. Other Basses go from night to day in difference when you change strings. If it was that easy, there wouldn't be as many kinds of strings as we have today and believe me, there are probably more kinds and styles coming..