View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Arrow Orchestra Bass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Plummer View Post
That's what the luthier said, good jazz bass, probably not a good orchestral bass. Fine by me.

That's the plan, the cost of gettng her up and playing is very reasonable, so i don't think I can go wrong. Thanks for your opinions and advise. I'll post the "after" pics.
Please post all the dimensions of the bass (in INCHES!). Then when the Top is off, have him measure all the graduations of both the Top and back thicknesses. I have the Morelli completely re-graduated and IT turned into a GREAT Orchestra Bass. You could use THAT Bass in the NY Philharmonic or any other professional top notch orchestra. If the wood is good and the model is good and the Bass is well repaired, it can be improved in most cases. I have lost count how many de-commissioned Basses I have brought back to life and everyone better than anyone in our lifetime (just about..) has seen or heard the particular Bass.

I am 100% FOR restoring good candidates. GOOD, is the key work there as some Basses can cost more in the end to fix than they are worth fully restored.