View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool 210xst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronson Hall View Post
Al & Tim, I appreciate all the valuable info, and please keep it flowing, will ya?

Tim, I believe you are right on with your assessment. Going on your reccomendation and all the research I've done, the Eden D210XLT or XST are clear top choices for the money. And, check this out: I ran into a guy who, instead of running the very fine 410 cab choice runs two 210's instead (both 4 ohm cabs)! He says to me "Ron, I sold myself on this setup a while ago, If I need to push more air, I just make two trips and load the two lighter 210's instead of my 410. I leave my 410 cab at the church, and save my back!" For me, that made sense!

Plus, you get to take that WT550 down to a 2 ohm load (750 watts) with the two cabs, and really push some air! I'm really thinking about this, guys.

Al, I'm leaning toward the XST, as it pushes a bit more "low end" which I absolutely adore. And, I think I might be done with 8 ohm cabs for a while.
I can see doin 2x210XST's, and yes, the XST's do shine a tad more on the bottom end. Choice of load (2, 4, or 8 Ohm) on the amp is obviously a choice, and only you can make it. 2 4-Ohm 210XST's will work great with the 550. Just keep in mind: Pushing air is key. You just have to decide how much air you will want and/or need to push. BTW, the 410 Cabs roll very nicely on wheels, LOL!

And Al, don't even second guess your choice of cabs (i.e. XST vs. XLT) here. What you have is also smokin!

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 11-13-2007 at 11:03 AM.