View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Senior Posting Member

Arnold Schnitzer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Marks View Post
I agree with you that it is not the most conventional shape, I have no issues with anyone telling me that, but I don't think you have to use the word "weird." It certainly doesn't make me feel that great and I don't know what it does for you? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm definitely welcoming feedback but I don't know why you would criticize the design while in reality it looks very much like a French bass with a slightly larger bottom. Once again, you're completely entitled to your opinion, and it's obviously a very valid one since you're a masterful luthier. All I'm saying is that for a student (like myself) who is laying down every penny I have it's not exactly the kindest thing to mock my investment. I personally don't think you would call this instrument "weird" to Mr. Barker's face.
I did not call the instrument weird. I said it was a weird shape. I would gladly express my opinion of the shape to Mr. Barker or anyone else.

"Weird: 2. Of an odd, peculiar or bizarre character; unusual, strange, fantastic." (American Heritage Desk Dictionary)

Let's agree that it is of an odd character and fantastic. Okay?

Calvin, there was no intent to hurt your feelings, and thank you for the compliment.