View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Junior Posting Member

RichardManning is on a distinguished road
Default ADA all the way

After spending loads of time and a small fortune (at least to me) back in the '80s and early '90s, I finally built my perfect bass rig. It just so happened that the manufacturer gave it a marketing name, ADA called it the "Modern Bass Quartet" and if you were reading Bass Player magazine back then, you probably saw the rig on the outside back cover more than a few times

I bought this rig new in '93-'94 (as I could buy new components and sell my old stuff, piece by piece).

My rig consists of:

1 - ADA MB-1 Bass Pre-amp
1 - ADA B500B bi-amp amp
1 - ADA Bassline HX (2 x 10 + 1 switchable 5")
1 - ADA Bassline 15 ( 1 x 15)
1 - ART MIDI controller (a leftover from previous gear that still worked for the ADA)

I also have a Furman power conditioner, wrapped in an SKB ATA 4U case with the MB-1 and B500B.

All the components are perfectly matched to get a wide range of tones of various vintage amps and basses and combinations, with 128 programs for storage, accessed at 1 or more clicks of a MIDI footswitch.

Other than a bit of Trace Elliot kit (wish I could have bought that new TE MP11 and matching footswitch that was all shiny new at my local bass gear place so long ago! only piece of gear I regret not being able to get $$$. If anyone has either or both of these and willing to part with it, let me know

Regards,
Richard