View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 06:25 AM
Junior Posting Member

Amit Shtriker is on a distinguished road

Very sweet video Chris .. one major reason I was amazed when I first played a Smith was the deep rich woody "boink" that it makes when slapping (this doesn't happen in any other bass i've played so far).

The first time, when I checked out my friend's BMT Elite around 8 years ago, I was amazed by the tone but thought that I could never play an instrument that big, because I am a small player, and it can look very funny.

But then I saw there's a new design - the BSR! I was really happy because it looked much better for me and won't be so big compared to me.. When I checked out the BSR-JMW (which I eventually bought), it still was on the heavy side (I thought to myself it's because of the maple body), but it felt way more luxurious and professional than my older $500 bass.

I can say that after 4 years of descent use (mostly standing up with the bass), I don't have any major problem with comfort, I got used to the weight of the bass, and I think that the strap with the pad is really comfortable. I know I will always stay with the smaller BSR shape, though..