View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool Congrtats.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Williams View Post
I don't think I have ever been this excited about spending this much money. About an hour ago I ordered a new BSR GN 5 string bass. I am getting a Bubinga top and bottom with a Walnut core. I like the way the dark woods look and sound. This will be my 4th Smith, but my first neck through. I play gospel, and my slap tone is very important to me. I was looking for a aggressive articulate tone (hope I nailed it with this combination). The hard part is going to be waiting the 4 to 6 month period. This is the first time in 12 years I have not had a Ken Smith bass on hand. I sold my 6 string a few weeks ago. What can I say, I am a 5 string kind of guy, but I at least had to give a 6 string a try.

Congrats! You will not be disappointed!

I am a "neck-thru" player all the way and I have played both designs. So, given that.........

Because you are going to a neck-thru from a bolt-on design (oh you are going to love it!), you may find an adjustment on your part is necessary because the neck-thrus play oh-so-much-sweater! Actually, I would say it would be a more noticeable adjustment if you were going to a bolt-on neck from a neck-thru.

For me, no comparison in feel: I will never go back to a bolt-on neck. But then again, that's why you are paying the bigger bucks!