View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool "entry-level" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronson Hall View Post
Tim, I'd like to "chime in" here for a moment:

While I believe that there is a marked difference in a neck-thru versus a bolt-on necked Ken Smith bass, and with all due respect to Willie (glad to meet you, Willie!), I'm going to have to say that I don't believe I just finished paying literally thousands of dollars for an "entry-level" Ken Smith!!

Of course, I'm certainly no expert (yet) on Ken Smith basses; however, my BSR5MW Cocobolo top and back beauty with its Tiger Maple core sounds, in a word...great!!! It may not have a "neck-thru" sound or sophistication, but..."entry-level?" I think not!!

I think some other adjectives may be more appropriate!

Ronson, I'm sorry, where did you see the words "entry-level" written in my post, or any of my posts for that matter? The $'s you spend are relative to the model purchased.

One day when you spend a few more $'s on a neck-thru (and I suspect you will......remember, I'm first in line in your Will......), you will better understand where I am coming from. In the mean-time, enjoy what you have (as I'm sure you will... ) because $ for $ there's nothing better on the market!

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 04-17-2007 at 06:58 AM.