View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronson Hall View Post
No, Tim. You didn't post it - Willie did, and you responded to that particular post!

Ahh, I see said the blind man!

And while I agree with you in general, I have to take the position that the neck-through basses have a "different" and specialized timbre and tonal feel, but not necessarily different to the point that distinguishes a bolt-on instrument as an "entry-level" instrument (Willie's description, not yours).

I'm sure Willie meant "entry-level" price-wise.

In fact, for the sake of friendly argument, it may be a safe assumption to say that there might be some folks out there who - dare I say it - prefer the sound of a bolt-on Ken Smith to a neck-thru, for whatever reason (now, you KNOW I don't know from personal experience yet, but...)

Well, I would agree there are those out there that haven't played a neck-thru yet. And yes, you don't know yet, but you will! Don't forget: B (that's B as in Bishop) comes before S (S as in Smith).

For Example: There could be some distinct tonal qualities in a BSR Pro Series Bass (bolt-on with graphite inlaid bars) that really is desirable with some player, no?
Ummm, well, alrighty then. When you get your first neck-thru, let's re-visit.

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 04-17-2007 at 09:50 AM.