View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 08:20 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
With several of my basses now up in Brewster for sale, I am left with 3 in my possession for gigs and practice. Marconcini school (orchestra), Kreutzer (shows and other), Prague/Viennese (home practice bass). Sold the Bollbach Lion recently so adding an Extension for personal use will never happen now.

With 7 other basses still in restoration, nothing is definite yet!

And then there was one. I brought the Kreutzer and Prague bass up to Brewster to sell. I have several more basses coming out of restoration so I am making room here. After playing my last show with both the Kreutzer and then the Marconcini, I decided that the Italian does even 'that' better.

Last Friday I played a new laminated bass at an orchestra rehearsal to try it out. Having 3 outdoor summer concerts coming up soon, I wanted something else to play other than my expensive Italian.

I have a Tirol and a Viennese basses nearing their restoration completion. The Tirol has been there for years being worked on. Finally, the bass is nearly done. It sounded beautiful when it was a wreck so we will see what it does when I get it back and break it in.

After these two come back, I have two others needing much less work, a big but playable Dolling German bass and nice a French bass. So before long if these all remain in my rack, there will be 5 nice basses to choose from. Just like before, more time spent testing basses then actually practicing on one of them..

Pictured; Italian, Tirol, Viennese, Saxon, French.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Marc. pictures 003.JPG
Views:	611
Size:	438.9 KB
ID:	3592  Click image for larger version

Name:	tyrolean2.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	3593  Click image for larger version

Name:	hell_pics_002.jpg
Views:	618