View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Posting Member

Dennis Michaels is on a distinguished road

This one for me is easy. First of all I play/endorse Eden amplification. I use a WT550/WT400/WT1000 with ant combination of 210XST 4ohm/ dual 212XLT 4ohms and a 112XLT. My head are usually set flat.

My 5M tiger maple fretted has "no" extra switches just 3 band tone. I use it %95 of the time with the eq disengaged (by-passed). If I slap I do engage the eq with the mid control at about 2 O'clock. This adds just enough body to keep a slap tone fat.

My Fretless walnut 5M is also run with the eq by pass and no extra switches, just the stock tone controls. It is huge and growly with NO eq. so I don't use it. If I am doing more of a fusion thing I do run %75 bridge with a slight ( bass at about 1 o"clock and mids about 1:30-2 O'clock) for a little more growly gut to the bridge pickup. Ken was amazed when he built my fretless when I dod not opt for the extra switches. He asked on 4 occassions if I wanted them. He is a master in every way when it comes to this whole building thing. He asked what kind of tome I wanted and I told him I want it to sound like my tiger maple 5 but with a little darker sound. He said walnut is the way. I like lighter colored woods but I trusted him and the outcome still blows my mind.
www.kensmithbasses.com
www.eden-electronics.com

Tone matters so play the best through the best.