View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 07:02 AM
Posting Member

Christopher Rhodes is on a distinguished road
Default Recent Gig - for a light weight rig

I performed recently, Dec 9 2007, at the Washington DC Convention Center. The gig called for a light weight rig - but powerful to handle the venue. Load-in was 3 floors up. My load-in/load-out was done in one trip each way.

I used the Mark Bass head, LMKII, + Bag End 4x10 cabinet + Ken Smith BMT G 6-string bass. What a fun, and easy gig.

I had more than enough power with the LMKII running 300 watts with an 8Ohmn load from the cabinet. If I turned it up all the way - it was too loud. We had no PA.

I do understand one of the "requirements" is for a USA model - however - do not overlook the Itailian made amp - that only weighs 6.5 pounds.

The Eden amps are nice - but there are others - which are worthy of at least a second glance

The Smith tone was shining brightly with this amp. I ran it almost flat with little EQ for a full rich tone that the other band memebers noticed in a positive way.

This was my 3rd gig with this head and my 6 string Smith Bass.

I have another gig tonight in Baltimore. I will post the findings of this gig later this week.
Dec 10, 2007: Had another little gig. The BMT 6-String Smith was holding the bottom nicely with the light rig setup.

In conclusion, do not overlook this model - a lot of players are converting.

Last edited by Christopher Rhodes; 12-12-2007 at 07:05 AM. Reason: spellling!