View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up QSC-PLX Series Amps....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bishop View Post
Chris, to answer your question:

Any combination of my Eden Cabs would work great with the WT-550 provided I don't exceed the load limit of the amp. Ultimately, it comes down to what I want to hear from the particular speaker/cab in the given room.

My choice for a small room might be the 210XST(8). For medium sized rooms, the 210XST(8) and 212XLT(8). For large rooms, I would most likely use either the 210XST(8) and 410XLT(8) ...or... 2-410XLT(8's) Cab with a DI to FOH.

My QSC/F-2B rig: http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...n/DSCF0050.jpg would handle anything larger. Actually, the QSC/F-2B combo could be used in any of the above described rooms with the best results imaginable. I'm not talking about the total rig set-up, I'm just saying I could choose to use any single or combination of my Eden Cabs (just as I would with the WT-550) as appropriate for the room.

At any rate, with these set-up options I have, I am covered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Rhodes View Post
The QSC Power amp is the missing piece of my rig. I have a few nice cabs, and few preamps (F1X, Yamaha pb1, Trace Elliot V-type), but no good power amp.

So I am looking for one of the PLX series power amps.

I really like the way my smith basses sound with a tube preamp - really clear to my ears.

If you are in the market for a power amp, the QSC-PLX Series would get my vote. Just don't "skimp" on power.

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 12-10-2007 at 08:51 PM.