View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Posting Member

Ruben E garcia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
Show me/us the Fitting problem you are having and do not remove anything original.

Sometimes the Blocked frame shifts. Sometimes you have shrinkage of the Top grains and the Top is shy of the Ribs i n the lower bout. In this case, The Ribs are cut and trimmed at the Block. For this you have to remove the lower Ribs from all blocks and re-fit it o the Corner possibly but if not, just at the Tailblock, Cut and pull together to fit the Top and maybe Back. The Plates should overhang just a bit. In the Blocks with Ribs twisted inwards, then the Top will overhang more. Still, nothing is ever perfect on an old bass.

I see what are u saying, I am sorry I did not explain my self clearly, the problem that I am having is the south part of the edges are not making contact with the flat surface, in this case the Edges thickness is about 7mm, for me to make the south part to touch, I will have to remove original material from the top edges bottom and this will result and a thinner than the original edge… I know that is not right… I don’t know if the top got distort during my repairs or what should I do…
Should I clamp it knowing that there is a little stress anyways?

but the rest of the top is resting ok