View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Posting Member

Desmund Nichols is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Desmund Nichols
Default First time showing off your bass in public

My first time showing off my bass was at my church. The other bass player has a Tobias Classic (the good ones) and I tried to keep it a secret that I was getting a Smith. But you know, you tell the wrong person and when in the room with everybody, he blurts it out. Well anyway, when I did it, it was before a service so we was just in the church talking, and I went out to my car and bought out a case. And inside the case was my bass. I told him to open it and he laid the case down and opened it slowly and you can hear the "aw" from everybody. He was afraid to play it too. He was saying that some people buy cars, but i bought a Smith. But the second time was when I went to go look for a new cab, so I went to Guitar Center to try out a new cab, and I had my Smith with me. 2 weeks old and brand new, so I am playing it and people are just coming around looking at me play. The sales persons are coming up to me and taking their stares and it was just nice. I bet someone else thought that it was a bass that they was selling so they was waiting for me to put it down, but that wasnt happeneing. But mostly, I get a lot of stares and "aw's". Whats your story