View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 03:11 AM
Posting Member

Steve_M is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bishop View Post
Well, there is life in the "Rub Some Funk" world! So, what is going on in Steve's world now days?
My musical world?

Well, I'm trying to get a disco function band up off the ground. Only problem is that the most available musicians are professional who want paying by the hour. Fair play I guess but I can't line up gigs without musicians and I can't pay the musicians until I've got gigs.

An unethical way to run the band would be to use amateurs to start up and draft in pro's when we're up and running but I'm not like that.

The people who are involved in the start up also put a lot of effort in to the songs, (and investment into promotion) so I'm half tempted to retain a percentage of any share in takings I give to pro's on the basis that we need to recoup our initial investment capital...

...and lets not talk about reliability either. I haven't heard from the drummer who said he was up for it, I can't get hold of the guitarist because I only have his email address and the keyboardist doesn't seem to be able to say 'no'. He's involved in 2 other bands based in Lincolnshire and has to travel to London for rehersals/meet ups!

My other band - the neo soul one with 12 female singers, split up 3 weeks ago and we had a meeting on Sunday after deciding to reform with half the number of singers we formerly had. The process of selection was extremely difficult and I worry we might have lost good friends in the other singers over it. It was just that a 17 piece band isn't able to sustain itself financially and there were performance issues anyway where some of the singers couldn't hold a tune on stage (although they were fine in rehearsals).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronson Hall View Post
Hey Steve! Greetings! I went and checked out your page...
Cool! Was that Bassworld? I have another site just for me here. Although its not showing the Celinder Update 4 I bought this week or the mongrel stingray I've made from spare parts. I'll take some photos on Saturday probably.