View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool cameraman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Prowse View Post
Come on Ken, stop pulling my leg, that guy on first bass is far too young and good looking... ah, it is you!
What was the camera man suffering from?
I just found that clip. Perhaps there is more to come one day. I have no idea who shot that. I actually have a CD of the entire concert I think that was shot much better but it's not on the web as far as I know. It was a special event for the Temple Univ. Science & Technology dept. Normally the Temple Orch. does this event but there were booked elsewhere so they invited this Orch.. The conductor who's a great guy is also the program director for Temple Public Radio, WRTI so he got the call.

This is an Amatuer Orchestra that I play in when I'm not busy elsewhere. Get's me out of the house and a chance to catch up from my 15 year retirement from playing bass and practice some of the Rep..

In the last few years I played maybe half the Concerts they have but still they keep me on 1st when I'm around. Out of the 4 main concerts they have this year, 3 series concerts and one Scholorship concert, I can only do one of them, the Scholorship. I am booked with two other Orchestras this year, my regular Orch. and another I sub in on occassion but was just offered the season so I took it. Still, when available, I go to the rehearsals of the Concerts I can't make to help out and get out of the house for the evening. I usually skip their Dress rehearsals so the guest artist doesnt get the wrong idea when I'm not on stage for the concert.