View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up oh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Prowse View Post
Well, talking about popping up, I've just been playing my Christopher violin shaped bass. Those Bel Canto strings make it nice and warm - I can't see myself ever wanting to change them. I'm playing at a carols evening tonight and was thinking about taking my plywood, but the Christopher sounds too good to leave at home.

Oh, the popping up thing - I was referring to you showing up in all those bass sections. In the book, 'Where's Wally?', each page has a huge scene with things happening all over the page and you have to spot Wally. I had this image of you turning up in different bass sections and someone in the audience playing 'Where's Ken?' - well, it loses a bit in the explaining.
Well, speaking of, I just returned to the office with Mr. Martini from doing a Christmas Concert with yet another Orchestra. Same conductor that's in that clip. He asked me to help tonight because they had no one. Actually, there was only one Cello there from their roster and two subs so the low strings were sight reading for the most part. I have Flex 92 Starks on the bass with the discontinued Stark E/C of which I bought up the last batch a when that news came my way.