View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 12:08 AM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Comparison...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
I looked it up and it is 78lbs. It also looks like the SWR Redhead. He has a 2/10 EBS cab but it's just too heavy. He likes the 1/10 idea. Eden also has CXC210, 68lbs and the CXC110 combo at 39 lbs. Are the CXC Combos durable enough to crank out some volume and not blow the speakers?

Also, how does your choice of the Metro compare to the Redhead? I don't know if this 78lb Combo is small enough for his 'lugging'.

(I just happen to own serial no.48 of the Redheads from when they first came out. It has been back for repairs several years ago and is close to the Super Redhead model after the slight mods they made.)

The CXC models are the lower-end of Edens Combo's and simply are'nt going to give you what the Metro will. No comparison really. If you look at the specs on the CXC models you'll see that quickly. The frequency response range of the CXC is good; just not much power. Now, if weight is that big an issue and if he's playing at really low volumes, the CXC could be a great economical route for him to take. However, if he ever finds he needs more head-room, he'll hit a wall quickly.

I'm not sure that SWR still makes the Read Head, however, the newer Super Red Head's weigh in at around 80lbs and are very nice amps. While somewhat comparable to the Metro, they still don't have the output potential of the Metro.

At a minimum, he should locate any of these combos we've discussed here, try them out and determine what fits his needs the best.

My money would be on the Eden Metro. Also, if you shop around, I'm sure you could track one down at a great price.

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 10-23-2007 at 12:27 AM.