View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up ok...

I don't know 'this' bass but I do know the style. This is a modern Czech style bass with those outer rib linings flush to the top and back. The gears look nice and the shape looks very 'friendly' in the shoulders.

I have heard of makers in central Europe making basses for Russia as well as makers going there to work part of their life or coming from there to other parts of central Europe. This is what I call a Germanic/Czech style bass. The fact that the label is written in English means to me it was made for export to somewhere being that English was universal or something. Usually 'home grown' instruments are labeled in their native language. I would never label anything other than in my own language regardless of where it's going. Export product is often marked in English for some reason.

Looks like a nice bass to start out with and way above what the average person starting out gets regardless of age. When you have the chance, try taking some better pictures of the wood and details. It is hard to see much as far as grain or condition in these pictures you posted.

Best of luck with it..