View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Posting Member

Steve_M is on a distinguished road

We were given 28 days by the owner of Bassworld to delete the database that had been copied from Bassworld for the purposes of testing the test site basstalk. We were in some doubt as to the legality of his request but at the end of the day we thought 'screw it, there's an opportunity for a clean break and some autonomy here, lets go for it'.

So Bassworld had already gone down and it doesn't look like it will be resurrected, Basstalk will be dissolved and so we set up www.basschat.co.uk under some trepidation.

I mean, people have been kicked out of one forum, been routed to another and then asked to sign up to a third - how inconvenient is that? There was one particularly subversive member who had been trying to undermine our management of bassworld by promoting a competitive (but less popular) site and I'm pleased to say that it looks like he's given up and gone to sulk on the other site. Thats cool with us because it means we don't have to put up with his constant harping and it makes the other site even more a refuge for whingers.

RESULT!

So we set up the new site and had 500 people sign up in the first 10 days! Plus it was wonderful the amount of support we got from everyone - such overwhelming positivity. We opened up a donations fund to pay for a new skin for the site and in 7 days managed to raise £150!

I mean, clouds... ...silver linings or what? I'm totally buzzed by the fact that all but one of the nasty people have gone and we've been left with all the good people. It couldn't be better!!!

Onwards and upwards!