View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 05:38 AM
Posting Member

Anton Hasias is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody,

Runing the bass flat, to me it's like a hamburger without onions, mustard and ketchup.
On Smith basses we find one of the best bass 3 band eq ever and all the knobs are there to be tweaked in order to reach the best palette of sounds needed for the gigs or studio songs.
On amps like Ampeg or others, only the preamp section worth hundreds of $$ and I think it's a waiste of money to run these amps flat. (btw, if anybody knows how can we run an Ampeg SVT tube amp flat, please share, because I don't think it's possible - as only by the fact that you are playing a tube amp, the sound will be well coloured by the tubes)

So the eq board on Smith basses and amps is there to be utilised, and only our creativity must be the border line.
If not, a DI is largely enough...
It's just like some nice clothes; each time we wear something different we look a little different and generaly we wear for any occasion different closes (try to enter in your local Opera House dressed with your beloved rainbow coloured jogging sweat shirt...or better, nacked), but this will not change our personality.

Best regards

Last edited by Anton Hasias; 06-01-2010 at 06:08 AM.