View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Posting Member

Ronson Hall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Michaels View Post
I played Ampeg for 20 years. For me the first time I plugged into an Eden rig was like abreath of non muddy fresh air. I found a deal on a new WT550 because I needed a back up head for my SVTIIIPro. I lved how it sounded. I ordered my first Eden cabinet from Zzounds.com. They had a 30 day money back gnty. I ordered a 4 ohm 210XST and never looked back. It was more potent than the pair of 210HE's I was running with the IIIPro. Now I run mainly 212 cabs for most things. For rock gigs depending on the type I'll run the 210XST/112XLT combination, the 210/212 or for classic rock dual 212's.

Dennis, what do you appreciate most about the 212 cabinet, or the 12" speaker enclosures as a whole? Is it the volume/clarity, or the ability of the cabinet to handle anything?

I'm asking becuase I've become so accustomed to 10" speakers, I find myself hesitant in considering other speaker sizes. Plus, I play in church 95% of the time, and I haven't seen a need for bigger speakers.

Also, for years I've played out of a SWR Goliath III (410) cab. I LOVE my Eden Traveler Plus, but I'm afriad I've been missing out on a whooooole lot because it's an 8 ohm cab (although it sounds great).

I probably need to seriously consider some Eden 4 ohm cabs, huh?