View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 01:12 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool piled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren Hudson View Post
What a revelation Ken. I love the butter piled on, but I've never had it with sugar. Try it with shrimp sometime.
Not piled on at all. Just a scoop or two. It says to add milk or water. I add water and some butter. Butter is made from milk too I think but tastes better. The sugar makes the dish for me..
Quote:
It is also common for people from above the Mason-Dixon Line to have sugar with their grits.
..I just found that on-line. In Florida where I first had Grits with eggs as a boy (last century), they served it with a little butter on top, melting in as they served it.

Once in New Orleans at a Guitar Player magazine breakfast (1985) they had shrimps for the omelets there. I had the shrimps and something else or two in the eggs as well, can't recall. First and only time. It was good. The Shrimps were really fresh.

Now, when I was a kid we had two kinds of hot cereal in the house. Wheatena and Farina. To my recollect, the Farina which was white in color (the Wheatena was brown) was Grits or something real close. You think?