View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Smith View Post
One thing I know for a fact is that Ken Smith Basses are among the most commonly played axes in Gospel music today. If you watch or are blessed to participate in any of the numerous Gospel concerts of late you will undoubtedly see a Ken Smith Bass. So I'm reaching out to my fellow Gospel music bottom lovers to show your axes, post a bit about the person, group or choir that has influenced your style of playing, as well as the type of Gospel music you play. (example: Praise & worship, Traditional)
I agree Albert. Our fellow bass players are finding there is nothing like a Smith! I have traveled all over the country playing at some very large venues. I have been blessed to have had and have the opportunity to play with some of the biggest names in Contemporary Christian Music. My heart, however, is with the Praise & Worship music as we know it today. There is simply nothing like going to the Throne of a Holy Spirit lead Praise & Worship experience. I can easily say this because I've played on both sides of the fence. Know what I mean?

Most of my influences came from too many names to mention. All from the Secular side and many from the 70's. Off the top of my head: James Jamerson (Motown/Funk Brothers), Roco Prestia (Tower Of Power), Pete Cetera (Chicago), Dave Hope (Kansas), Stanley Clarke, Jeff Berlin, David Margin (Santana), Jimmy Sloas, on and on I could go, but I would be up for the next week trying to ID all of them. A ton of talent out there and my thanks to all those who contributed.

One of these days I will try to post some of my photo's. My collection is extensive, so, it would take much time. I'll work towards that as I free up more time.

Great Thread Albert!

In His grasp,

Tim B.

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 03-06-2007 at 03:36 AM.